“There is a clear trend”

3 Feb

I know this meme has been done to death, but, in my experience, this is how scientists talk:

Especially “There’s science, and then there’s social science.” When it comes down to it, that is about 47% of everything I ever say. The other 53%? “In conclusion, more research is required.” The entire video could have been people repeating “More research is needed,” and I would have laughed.

Which brings me to my second point: You may not have found the above video funny. Sorry about that.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: